12 reasons why you and everyone you work with suck at email:
- Leaving your “Out of Office” auto-reply on when you’re, in fact, back in the office.
- Hitting “reply all” when there’s just the ONE person you need to reply to.
- Adding your ridiculously long signature to emails that don’t call for it.
- The unattached attachment.
- USING ALL CAPS.
- Parents bombarding you with cat videos that, chances are, you already watched months ago.
- That desperate Nigerian prince who just needs a little startup capital.
- Trying to send a document of Infinite Jest proportions and wondering why it didn’t go through.
- That confidentiality notice doused in legalese.
- Hoarding emails to the brink of a full inbox.
- Not bothering to double-check who exactly you’re cc’ing.
via Fast Company